The more I do this Writing Challenge, the more I’m convinced of the conspiracy theory that all of these things are just plots to get us to give up lots of personal information about ourselves so we ultimately sell our souls. Well, I’ve already done all the Buzzfeed quizzes, so I guess I’m already in too deep…
I’ve never been into zodiacs because as mentioned in the Writing Challenge #2: Day 5 I grew up in a very religious household, and it has a somewhat questionable basis. However, I always some sort of secret pride and ownership in my assigned faction. I’ve also wondered why people don’t take things like this and personality types, into account more in how they deal with and approach people because they [sometimes] dictate and justify so much! I’ve always been a firm believer that who we are derive from a special combination of nature and nurture, and that formula has a huge impact on who we are, what we believe and how we interact with the world around us. So let us, right now, break it down together, shall we?
My Birthday: September 20
- Disappointed Goddess
- seeking goodness in humankind
- disappointment seems to be inevitable from their point of view
- The first time they came from their cloud and jumped onto planet Earth, it felt like their mission is to use their existence for good, discovering ways of justice and purity in other people.
- Once they fail to find it too many times, Virgos will pull away, get lost, turn to substance abuse, or simply separate from other people to sit on the bench, criticize and judge.
That last point is EVERYTHING! That is genuinely how I feel about life and humanity and people and relationships and friends and everything, right now at this very minute. I always try to see the good in people and always feel called to help, but the disappointment is real and the motivation to keep trying to find the good in people is nonexistent. So I guess it’s safe to say this part is true.
Strengths: Loyal, analytical, kind, hardworking, practical
Weaknesses: Shyness, worry, overly critical of self and others, all work and no play
Virgo likes: Animals, healthy food, books, nature, cleanliness
Virgo dislikes: Rudeness, asking for help, taking center stage
So far, we’re in the realms of truths.
All the strengths mentioned are relatable but they all have a flip side to them, for example, although I am loyal in that I give firm and constant support to a person or institution, it is not blind loyalty and I call a spade a spade, regardless of my allegiance.
This opposite side also goes for weaknesses, like, I do know myself to be overly critical of self and others and so, I have actively made an effort to work on this and not let my criticism be overt and judgmental in nature; open-mindedness and tact offset my criticalness. I also don’t see shyness as a weakness because I’m not actually that “shy”.
To be honest, I don’t have any particular soft spot for animals and I’m actually not too keen on them. I didn’t really have pets as a child and don’t actually have good experiences with animals, but I suppose they’re okay. I do like to learn from and about them though.
- will lead to a strong character.
- prefers conservative, well-organized things and a lot of practicality in their everyday life.
- even when they let go to chaos, their goals and dreams still have strictly defined borders in their mind.
- constantly worried about a missed detail that will be impossible to fix,
- overly critical and concerned about matters that nobody else seems to care much about.
Again, 100% truth. I like order and I don’t like to be caught off-guard by anything, I always try to be 3 steps ahead. I hate surprises; worst thing you can do for a special occasion for me is surprise me – I’ll end up resenting you for it. I’m a chronic worrier. I often say that even my spontaneity is planned, because well before the choice to be spontaneous was made, I had probably already thought of the situation as a hypothesis and weighed it in the balances. So I don’t “just” do anything on a whim. The actions may only seem hasty because I’ve thought it through so deeply that it’s almost already muscle memory. However, if you ask me a hypothetical question about what I’d do in a certain moment and I tell you that I can’t know my actions until the moment arrives, take it with a grain of salt, because I’m half bluffing. I know what I may do because I’ve considered various courses of action, but in that moment, specific variables come into play and in a split second weigh-in, a new course of action could emerge. Long story short, just wait and see.
- have already had enough and need change.
- look forward to the new season.
- are already a mix of the old with the new.
- represent a combination of an end with a new beginning, intertwined.
- is a quality of constant changes and the unexpected.
- have the ability to sense things before they arrive.
Once again, nothing but facts right here. I hate that feeling of stagnancy and I’m always looking forward, though that can feel
slightly very overwhelming at times. In looking forward, I believe that tomorrow begins today and so I always really do feel like a combination of the old and the new ‘me’ at any given moment. I think that’s why “New Years” isn’t very meaningful to me, because I make big life changes every day. But also, being Virgo I guess, I’ve always seen my birthday as the beginning and end, personally, because that’s what my life revolved around. One season, grade and age would end and another would begin. Additionally , I do tend to see impending events from a mile away; although that doesn’t allow me to be able to stop them from happening or even change them, it does allow me to mentally prepare for what is to come.
- planet closest to the Sun; has a special connection to it.
- messenger of gods, a deity that carries information from one level of existence to the other, from one person to another.
- learns how to practically incorporate knowledge into everyday choices.
- have a well-developed sense of speech and writing, as well as all other forms of communication.
- may choose to pursue a career as writers, journalists, and typists.
- need to serve others makes them feel good as caregivers, on a clear mission to help.
Do we have to even elaborate on this part? I’d like to think I’m a good communicator. I mean, I like the writing this because, you know, I here on this blog doing it. Also, I’m a trained teacher and I’m not actually mad about that, so the care-giving part is true as well.
- excellent advisers; always knowing how to solve a problem.
- makes them helpful and extremely useful to have around,
- also brings out their need to search the problem in everything and everyone around them.
- will care for people they build a solid relationship with, treasuring them for years and nurturing them in every possible way.
- An intimate friendship with a Virgo is always earned by good deeds.
The only person who would be able to vouch for the advice are my friends, so I’ll skip that one. But I do consider myself helpful…TOO HELPFUL! It continues to backfire on me. I don’t know that I seek out the problems in people; they’ve always seem to be drawn to me. Everyone always tells me that I attract “broken people”. I do think that I care for people I have good relationships with and am fiercely there for them; this also backfires on me. An intimate friendship is truly earned by good deeds, which is a problem because good deeds doesn’t necessarily make the person good. (Can you tell I’m bitter and have been hurt before? No? Good. I thought my “damaged was showing! and Yes, yes I am being sarcastic!)
- very dedicated to their family.
- attentive to elderly and sick people.
- understand tradition and the importance of responsibility.
- proud of their upbringing and everything that made their mind be as dominant as it is.
The only part of this that isn’t actually true is the part about the sick and elderly, but everything else is spot on. I care about my family and sacrifice a ton for them. Tradition and responsibility have always felt like a weight on my shoulders, but one I really do feel I have to carry. I know where I come from the its significance and nothing will ever change that!
- are practical, analytical and hard-working, always knowing exactly where to look for the core of any problem.
- makes them shine at jobs that require good organization, dealing with paperwork, problem solving and working with their minds and their hands.
- when they focus, perfection is to be expected from their work, due to such an eye for details.
- In love with books and artistic expression, they make good critics.
- their need to help humankind serves them best if they decide to become doctors, nurses or psychologists.
Nothing but facts once again.
- stands for all practical and used things
- nature of these individuals to save money and always put something on the side.
- will see irrational spending as a bad habit or a matter of being spoiled, and always hold on to practical solutions that don’t cost much.
- Unfortunately, this approach can sometimes make them a bit cheap.
Again, straight truth here. I cannot tell you how much I hate to hear friends complain about being broke, but somehow they magically find money to go out and party, and then have the nerve to expect you to help them when they’d zero forward-planning and self-control. I’m sorry, I don’t have pity for that. I am cheap, but I spend on quality. I don’t need an expensive shirt for a brand. But good jeans or shoes that are versatile and long-lasting? I’ll easily drop a pretty penny for that. And I like to treat my friends, so I’ll spend for that reason. Also, food.
Color: Grey, Beige, Pale-Yellow
Lucky Numbers: 5, 14, 15, 23, 32
These factors for Virgos, may be the ones that I don’t relate to. I don’t know that I particular like beige as a color; when I think of it, I see wet paint drying on a wall. Pale-yellow isn’t so bad either. However, the combination of those 2 color I actually like because they remind me of my mother. I like the grey though; it’s a neutral color to me that gives me a feeling of security and comfort. I own more than a few grey articles of clothing because you can’t go wrong.
As it relates to Wednesday, I feel the same way about it everyone does; it’s the middle of the week – you’ve made it this far, but you still have a far way to go. Nothing special.
If these are my lucky numbers, I wouldn’t know, because they’ve never stood out to me…unless you count me singing this song excessively as lucky (and if you don’t know it, I’m disappointed though understandably so):
But for real though, this song was a bop, and Miley was gorgeous!
And I think we’ve just about covered it! So basically, we can call of the witch-hunt because I’m totally predictable because astrology I’ve never read before now said so! However:
Disclaimer (via this site): As children we are subjected to many experiences and influences. These can lead to a determined effort to modify our personality and behavior. The traits still exist, but they can be over ridden by free thought. It’s fairly common for negative traits to gradually diminish as a person gets older, wiser and more socially adept.
But I mean, if being a Virgo is good enough for these folks…
…it’s good enough for me! Maybe you guys can let me know what your Zodiac signs are and if they relate to your personality in the comments!
xoxo, from where my 7 dreams grow,
~ this proud virgo, Rynzi <3
P.S. Yeah, I know I was a day (or 2) late. I write these 1 day in advance so Day 5’s (for Saturday) post was written on Day 4 (Friday). So, I took a break on Saturday and then between being pretty busy, spent Sunday reading up to write this. Sorry!
Also, all information taken from this site.